Short course bursary
The Short Bursary, is an umbrella term for the following bursaries, comprising of a total award of £200 for students with ‘Home’ student status. The award will be credited to your UEL student account.
- New Beginnings
- Introduction to Law and Criminology
You will be able to apply for an award if you meet all of the following criteria:
- You are studying a taster module of between 10% and 50% of a full-time course, and have no previous experience of Higher Education.
- You are fee assessed as a Home student.
Furthermore, you will be eligible for the New Beginnings bursary, if you receive one of the benefits listed below in the qualifying criteria:
- Gross Income (before tax) below £18,200 (£26,000 with partner)
Or receive one of the following qualifying benefits:
- Income Related Employment Support Allowance (ESA)
- Income Based Jobseekers’ Allowance (not Contribution based)
- Income Support
- Housing Benefit/ Local Housing Allowance
- Council Tax Benefit
- Universal Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- Subsistence from your Local Authority (Care Leavers Only)
Application forms and associated proofs must be submitted within the specified deadline.
For more details see our full terms and conditions (2021/22 T&Cs to be updated soon).
How do I apply?
Applications available throughout the academic year, prior to Short Course start date.
For further information and advice on this award please contact our Applicant Enquiries on +44 (0) 20 8223 3333 (Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm) or Live chat: Click the live chat icon in the bottom right of the screen.
You may also be interested in
Funding for care leavers
If you are someone who has been in the care system, you may be eligible for funding.Find out more about funding for care leavers
Find out how our international scholarships work and see what scholarships are on offer for your studies.Our international scholarships
Discover all the available external funding organisation who can help you support your financial responsibilities during your studies.Read more about external funding
Funding for part time students
Find information on how you can fund your undergraduate, or postgraduate, part time studies at UEL.Learn more about funding for part time students
Our athlete-centred programme is aimed at putting you in the best position to excel within your sport whilst studying at UEL.More about competitive scholarships