Performing Arts foundation pathways
Start your journey TO A DEGREE IN THE PERFORMING ARTS & Music
During your foundation year, you will gain the essential skills that will enable you to excel in higher education.
You will develop and apply a range of specialist technical and creative skills in either Performing Arts or Sound and Music in preparation for study at Level 4. You will learn in a highly supportive environment where you can develop the self-confidence, knowledge, skills and understanding for further study. The course content is specifically chosen to reflect the diverse nature of our students and this is evident through the themes, practitioners and subject matter covered.
If you choose our Performing Arts Foundation, you will study global acting techniques, physical theatre, voice and movement and work collaboratively within interdisciplinary projects modelled on professional practice.
If you choose our Music Foundation, you will study Music Production, Music Performance, Sound Design, Studio Production and Creative Portfolio Production to develop core skills in collaborative interdisciplinary projects modelled on professional practice, which will prepare you for further study on our Sound and Music degree pathways in Performance, Media, Games, Theatre, and Technology, and Production.
Why choose UEL?
- Gain the crucial knowledge and experiences needed to succeed on one of our undergraduate degrees.
- Our foundation year is flexible so you can transfer onto another eligible course if you change your mind at the end of the year.
- Students in higher levels of study will be your Mentors, supporting you in and outside class.
- You will be guided and supported by an academic advisor from your degree course.
How it works
Choose one of our BA (Hons) Degrees that include a foundation year.
Complete your foundation yearShow
After you've completed your foundation year you can move to any eligible degree.
Complete your chosen BA courseShow
Complete your chosen BA (Hons) degree, leading to many employment opportunities. You could even continue study on one of our Postgraduate degrees.
My time on this course has been an amazing experience from start to finish. Learning technique in every discipline while also learning about the practitioners behind these techniques, really gave me a clear understanding to move ahead with my career. Also, the people you meet on this course are from all ages, all backgrounds and you'll make friends for life very quickly - I will use my skills that I have developed and grown on the course, in all areas, to use to my advantage as I go into the next stages of my life."
Colin Lippitt Westly
Performing Arts Foundation student
Our Foundation Year courses are perfect for you, if you...
- are not sure if university life is the right path for you.
- are thinking of re-training and would like an introduction to the area.
- have been away from education for a long time, or have an incomplete education history.
- are an international student wanting a year to acclimatise to a new country and settle in.
Direct route into our Performing Arts courses
Direct route into our sound and music courses
If you want to know more about our performing arts foundation courses, get in touch via the email below - we're always happy to help!