Mr Gaurav Malik
Sustainability Research Institute
Department of Engineering & Computing , School of Architecture, Computing and Engineering
Gaurav Malik is Interim Director of Education and Experience in the School of Architecture, Computing and Engineering.
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Member of the British Computer Society
- Member of the Association of Computing Machinery
- Member of the Institute of Engineering & Technology
- Member of the British Science Association
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- PRINCE2 Registered Practitioner
- Certified Trainer Foundation Certificate in Green IT
Areas Of Interest
- Cloud Computing
- Mobile Computing
- Network Security
- Sustainable IT
Gaurav studied Computer and Information Engineering at South Bank University. Between 1996 and 2001 he worked for various software houses, going on to join Demech International as their Chief Technology Officer. He then did his MSc in Internet Engineering at the University of East London. Gaurav joined UEL as a full time lecturer in 2003.
Gaurav is an ISEB Certified Green IT trainer and holds several Cloud certifications.
Gaurav has served on several panels for programme validation and has vast experience in the areas of collaboration and recruitment. He has delivered talks for both public and private clients in various areas (social media, green IT, cloud computing, virtualisation & mobile)
- Subject Moderator for OCN-London
- External Panel Member Southampton Solent University
- Convenor of EAUC Green IT Community of Practice (2013- 2015)
Cloud Computing, Mobile Computing, Network Security, Sustainable IT.
- Analysis of student and staff experience in industrial projects - Malik, G Kretsis, M Alexis S. 2009. International Academy of Technology, Education and Development. 2055-2060.
- Challenges and Success in Teaching Legal, Ethical, Social and Professional Issues to Computing Undergraduates - Malik, Gaurav. 2010. British Computer Society.
- Tackling Spam and Spoof Email - Malik, Gaurav. 2006. School of Computing and Technology, University of East London.
- Global Sustainability Summer School (2014). Project manager to develop and deliver a two week sustainability summer school to generate external income. The project generated £10,000 in earnings.
- Make It Global (2014) To deliver consultancy in the areas of e-commerce to eligible businesses to help support the internationalisation of women-led small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in London. Successfully delivered consultancy to 7 businesses. Funded through the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
- Creative Use of Moodle Project (2013). Bid Amount: £20,000. Project manager and bid winner to deliver a Computing short course for CPD to further advance the knowledge of ICT school teachers on the changes to the computing curriculum. Funded through University of East London Learning and Teaching Fund.
- Technology Office Management (2012). Bid Amount: Euro 392,000 - Project manager for UEL to deliver a pan European product design programme. Funded through European Union Lifelong Learning Programme.
- Eureka (2012) To deliver consultancy in the areas of Green IT. Successfully delivered consultancy to 5 businesses and also ran workshops in Green IT. Funded through the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
- Knowledge Thurrock Innovation Associate (2010). To deliver e-commerce consultancy to business in the Thurrock region. Delivered consultancy to 4 businesses working with undergraduate students. Funded through the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
- Knowledge Connect (2010 - 2011). Bid Amount: £60,000. Project managed and delivered consultancy projects in the areas of business process improvement, customer relationship management, mobile commerce. Funded through the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF)
- Knowledge Transfer Partnership (2004), involving the University of East London and "Risk Free Retail Ltd". Role - Technical Advisor to the Teaching Assistant.
- CN4106 Introduction to Web Technologies
- CN6211 Mobile Application Development