Fashion foundation pathways
Start your journey to a degree in Fashion
During your foundation year, you will gain the essential skills that will enable you to excel in higher education, and a head start on the subject specific knowledge and skills in your chosen fashion degree programme.
Your learning, student experience, and employability will be enriched through numerous activities within fashion such as sewing, print & textiles, graphics, drawing, creative styling and much more.
You will learn in a highly supportive environment where you can develop the self-confidence, knowledge, skills and understanding for further study. The course content is specifically chosen to reflect the diverse nature of our students and this is evident through the themes, tutors and subject matter covered.
- Gain the crucial knowledge and experiences needed to succeed on one of our undergraduate degrees.
- Change on to another eligible course if you change your mind after one year.
- Many of our Foundation Year students have gone on to achieve First-Class degrees and studied at a postgraduate and PhD level.
- Fellow students in higher levels of study will be your Mentors, supporting you in and outside class.
- You will be guided and supported by an academic from your degree course.
How it works
Find out how it works
Choose one of our BA Fashion Degrees that include a foundation year.
Complete your foundation yearShow
After you’ve completed your foundation year you can move to any eligible degree.
Complete your chosen BAShow
Complete your chosen BA (Hons) degree, leading to many employment opportunities. You could even continue study on one of our Postgraduate degrees.
I enjoyed my foundation year very much, because the teachers were very helpful. I was able to develop my skills including drawing, sewing and sketching. The atmosphere was also very positive and I loved working with my team.
Fashion Design Foundation student
Our Foundation Year courses are perfect for you, if you...
- are not sure if university life is the right path for you
- are thinking of re-training and would like an introduction to the area
- have been away from education for a long time, or have an incomplete education history
Direct route into our Fashion courses
If you want to know more about our fashion foundation courses, get in touch via the email below - we're always happy to help!