Dr Fadi Safieddine
Department of Engineering & Computing , School of Architecture, Computing and Engineering
Senior Lecturer in Computing and Management Information Systems, Dr Fadi Safieddine's role involves lecturing, programme leadership, programme validation, syllabus planning, programme redesign, content update, seminars, research, and other scholar activities.
- 2013: FHEA Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- 2004: Doctorate of Philosophy: An Empirical Evaluation Of Modelling Languages for Fourth Generation E-commerce Application Development. University of East London
- 2003: Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education
- 1998: MSc Information System Management. University of Stirling
- 1997: BSc (Hons) Business Computers, Lebanese American University
- UEL excellence award for EDI support (May 2020).
- Athena Swan Bronze: Accreditation awarded to School of Business and Management (Sept - 2018) and School of Architecture, Computing, and Engineering (April-2020).
- AACSB Accredited training.
- 2015-16 AUM Teacher's Awards: Winner for Outstanding Contribution to University life.
- 2013 & 2014 UEL Student-Led Teaching Awards: Finalist.
- MBCS: Member of British Computer Society since 2004.
Areas Of Interest
- Book writer of several published books on personal help (Amazon) with some translated to Italian and Russian.
- Teaching and research.
Dr Safieddine has over twenty years of experience in Higher Education, and as Member of the British Computer Society (MBCS) he has been actively involved in University accreditations for BIS programmes.
Students have rated Dr Safieddine as one of the best lecturers in delivery, organisation and content. Reaching the finals twice as the best lecturer of the year in London for 2013 and 2014; Dr Safieddine went on to win of AUM Business College Outstanding Contribution to University Life 2015. His teaching philosophy takes full advantage of a variety of E-media technologies while maintaining a personal face-to-face interaction with his students.
A keen researcher in the areas of applying technology in education, sustainability in Higher Education, combating online misinformation, and data fusion; Dr Safieddine has several international academic publications in this field. He also has several academic contributions in the form of book publications, chapter contributions, and research direction funding.
Dr Safieddine has industrial experience in database system development, web design, e-learning, and office automation systems. His industrial experience and his research enhance and enrich his teaching.
Dr Safieddine lectures in various subjects including Systems Analysis, System Modelling, Database Design, Advance Database Development, Programming, Management Information Systems, Project Management, Data Simulation, E-commerce and web design. At postgraduate level, Dr Safieddine has supervised MSc, DBA, and PhD students.
External examiner in the subject of Business Information System and Business Information Technologies.
- Propagation of Fake News
- Business and System process modelling and redesign
- Data Fusion
- E-University systems
Journal Publications (* Papers submitted for REF2021)
- Yasmin Ibrahim, and Fadi Safieddine, and Pardis Pourghomi, 2021. Attitudes to Fake News Verification: Youth Orientations to 'Right Click' Authenticate. Journal of Applied Journalism and Media Studies. https://doi.org/10.1386/ajms_00051_1 (Q2)
- Fadi Safieddine and Imad Nahkoul. Mar 2021. Mobile Instant Messaging (M.I.M.) in Improving SME in Manufacturing: Case Study. Journal of Wireless Personal Communications. Springer Publication. DOI: 10.1007/s11277-021-08307-4 (Q3)
- Winner of Outstanding Paper 2021 by Emerald Publishing: Hammad, R, Khan, Z., Safieddine, F., and Ahmed, A. Oct 2020. A Review of Learning Theories and Models underpinning Technology-enhanced learning artefacts. World Journal of Science, Technology, and Sustainable Development - Emerald Publication. DOI: 10.1108/WJSTSD-06-2020-0062 (Q2)
- Pardis Pourghomi, Fadi Safieddine, and Milan Djordjevic. Jan 2020. Facebook Fake Profile Identification: Technical and Ethical Considerations. International Journal of Pervasive Computing and Communications. DOI: 10.1108/IJPCC-06-2019-0049 (Q3)
- *Rasha Ismail, Fadi Safieddine, Ashraf Jaradat. (March, 2019) E-University Delivery Model: Handling the Evaluation. Business Process Management Journal. DOI: 10.1108/BPMJ-10-2018-0281 (Q1)
- Ashraf Jaradat, Ahmed Abu Halimeh, Fadi Safieddine, and Aziz Deraman. (December, 2018) A best-effort integration framework for imperfect information spaces. Int. J. Intelligent Information and Database Systems, Vol. 11, No. 4, 2018. DOI: 10.1504/IJIIDS.2018.096592. (Q3)
- Ulas Kayapinar, Fadi Safieddine, Imad Nakhoul, Filomachi Spathopoulou, and Seifedine Kadry (November, 2018) Tablet Use in Teaching: A Study on Developing an Attitude Scale for Academics. Eurasian Journal of Educational Research. 78 (2018) 219-234. DOI: 10.14689/ejer.2018.78.11.
- Fadi Safieddine, and Imad Nakhoul. (October, 2018) Generic Business Process Model for SMEs in M-Commerce Based on Talabat's Case Study. e-Business, e-Services and e-Society, LNCS Springer Publication. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-02131-3_24. (Q2)
- Milan Dordevic, Fadi Safieddine, Wassim Masri, and Pardis Pourghomi. (August, 2016) Combating Misinformation Online: Identification of Variables and Proof-of-Concept Study. Social Media: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly; LNCS Springer Publication. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-45234-0_40. (Q2)
- Fadi Safieddine and Imad Nakhoul. (July, 2016) Carbon Break Even Analysis: Environmental Impact of Tablets in Higher Education. International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications; 7(5). DOI:10.14569/IJACSA.2016.070511#sthash.X5mcZZhu.dpuf.
- Fadi Safieddine, Milan Dordevic, and Ahmed M Hamza. (July, 2016) Optimization of Exam Distribution. European Journal of Education Studies; 2(1). DOI:10.5281/zenodo.58496.
- Fadi Safieddine, Wassim Masri, and Pardis Pourghomi. (February, 2016) Corporate Responsibility in Combating Online Misinformation. International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications 03/2016; 7(2). DOI:10.14569/IJACSA.2016.070217#sthash.emj0pK3f.dpuf.
Conference Proceedings (Last 5 years)
- Milan Dordevic, Fadi Safieddine, and Pardis Pourghomi. (Oct, 2020). Identifying Fake News from the Variables that Governs the Spread of Fake News. SMAP 2020 - IEEE Workshop on Semantic and Social Media Adaptation and PersonalizationAt: Zakynthos, Greece. DOI: 10.1109/SMAP49528.2020.9248453
- Fadi Safieddine, Seifedine Kadry, and Wassim Masri, (4th of July 2019). Misinformation on Social Media: The Development of User Behaviour Survey. Society, Cybernetics and Informatics: IMSCI 2019. Florida, USA. (Scopus ranked)
- Pardis Pourghomi, Fadi Safieddine, and Milan Djordjevic (September, 2018) The Spreading of Misinformation online: 3D Simulation. Conference: IEEE affiliated 4th International Conference on Information Technology, Computer, and Electrical Engineering (ICITACEE) At: Semarang, Indonesia. DOI: 10.1109/ICITACEE.2018.8576937
- Ahmed Abu Halimeh, Pardis Pourghomi, and Fadi Safieddine (October, 2017) The Impact of Facebook's News Fact-Checking on Information Quality (IQ) Shared on Social Media. MIT International Conference on Information Quality, Little Rock, USA, October 6-7.
- Fadi Safieddine, Milan Djordjevic, and Pardis Pourghom (July, 2017) Spread of misinformation online: Simulation impact of social media newsgroups. IEEE Computing Conference, London, UK. DOI: 10.1109/SAI.2017.8252201
- Pardis Pourghomi, Ahmed Abu Halimeh, Fadi Safieddine, and Wassim Masri (July, 2017) Right-click Authenticate adoption: The impact of authenticating social media postings on information quality. IEEE Conference: 2017 International Conference on Information and Digital Technologies (IDT), Zilina, SlovakiaVolume: pages 327 - 331. DOI: 10.1109/DT.2017.8024317.
- Pardis Pourghomi, Fadi Safieddine, Milan Dordevic, and Wassim Masri (May, 2017) How to Stop Spread of Misinformation on Social Media: Facebook Plans vs. Right-click Authenticate Approach. IEEE International Engineering and MIS Conference 2017, Monastir, Tunisia, May 8-10, 2017. DOI: 10.1109/ICEMIS.2017.8272957
- Imad Nakhoul, Fadi Safieddine, and Rasha Ismail (May, 2017) Introducing B2i2C: an M-commerce model for SMEs. IEEE International Engineering and MIS Conference 2017, Monastir, Tunisia, May 8-10, 2017. DOI: 10.1109/ICEMIS.2017.8272964
- Rasha Ismail, Fadi Safieddine, and Atik Kulakli. (May, 2017) E-University Lecture Delivery Model: From Classroom to Virtual. IEEE International Engineering and MIS Conference 2017, Monastir, Tunisia, May 8-10, 2017. DOI: 10.1109/ICEMIS.2017.8272983
- Fadi Safieddine, Rasha Ismail, and Atik Kulakli. (11 April 2017) E-Universities: Reflective Analysis into technological trends. Proceedings of the IADIS International Conference Information Systems 2017, Budapest, Hungary, April 10-12, 2017.
- Oualid Abidi and Fadi Safieddine. (July, 2016) A Reflective Analysis of Learner Centred Approach for Business Courses in the Middle East. International Conference on Education and New Learning Technologies; DOI: 10.21125/edulearn.2016.2011
- Seifedine Kadry and Fadi Safieddine. (July, 2016) Cooperative Active Learning Methodology in Mathematics. International Conference on Education and New Learning Technologies; DOI: 10.21125/edulearn.2016.2011.
- Fadi Safieddine, Imad Nakhoul, Ulas Kayapinar, Filomachi Spathopoulou, and Seifedine Kadry. (February, 2016) System Requirement Analysis for E-learning Educational Tablet at Higher Education. 10th International Technology, Education and Development Conference, Valencia, Spain. DOI: 10.21125/inted.2016.1224.
- Fadi Safieddine and Oualid Abidi. (February, 2016) A Framework for Effective ICT-Driven Lecture Planning at Higher Education. 10th International Technology, Education and Development Conference, Valencia, Spain; DOI: 10.21125/inted.2016.0152.
- Fadi Safieddine (July, 2020) Fake News Origins and Political Impact Review. In book: Handbook of Research on Recent Developments in Internet Activism and Political Participation Publisher: IGI Global Publishing.
- Fadi Safieddine. (November, 2016) M-Commerce. Innovations in E-Systems for Business and Commerce, Edited by Seifedine Kadry, Abdelkhalak El Hami: chapter 7; CRC: Taylor & Frances Publishing. ISBN: 9781771885645
- Fadi Safieddine and Radoslav Baltezarevic. (October, 2016) Advances in technologies evolving new dimensions in e-society. The Internet as a Tool of Modern Business and Communication. Edited by Vesna Baltezarevic, Radoslav Baltezarevic, Borivoje Baltezarevic; chapter 3; LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing., ISBN: 978-3330013506
- Fadi Safieddine. (January, 2021) Student's Guide For Final Year Project Thesis: BSc, MSc, MA, and MBA. 4th Edition edited by Koba Lomidze; CreateSpace (New York), ISBN: 1517293588
- Yasmin Ibrahim and Fadi Safieddine (ed.) Feb 2020. Fake News in an Era of Social Media: Tracking Viral Contagion. Rowman & Littlefield.
- Fadi Safieddine and Nour Mustafa. (April 2016) Comprehensive Database Practice: with optional barcode scanners and NFC reader. CreateSpace (New York), ISBN: 1533284652
- www.Authenticate.info: promoting research into combating the spread of misinformation online.
Other Research Activities
- 20 January 2021: Faculti Interview on Fake News in Era of Social Media. https://faculti.net/fake-news-in-an-era-of-social-media-tracking-viral-contagion/
- 17 June 2019: Invited panel speaker at the Government White paper on Online harm, Hate Speech, Fake News & Social Media.
- Published Article in The Conversation and i-Newspaper titled: Facebook wants to combat fake news with ID checks - with 'grave implications' for our privacy.
- Reviewer for several journals in the subject of information and misinformation sharing online.
- 2015: AUM E-Learning Tablet: Developing an Educational Tablet using research funding: £5000
- 2014: Web and Database Designer: KTP for Optimity online cabling booking system. £2000
- CN4003 Web Technologies
- CN4005 IT Pitching (Mental Wealth)
- CN7039 Software Engineering
- CN4000: Information System Management
- CN6103: Supervision of Undergraduate Students
- CN7000: Supervision of Postgraduate Students
- PhD Supervision
- Other: Has experience in teaching Research Methods, Project Management, and Database Design.