Covid-19 Community Wellness
Covid-19 community wellness
Our priority is to provide a safe and welcoming environment for all of our members. This requires all of us to take an active role in promoting the safety, health and wellbeing of every staff, student and community member.
England is now in stage four of the UK government’s roadmap out of COVID-19 lockdown and the University of East London has updated its health requirements accordingly, maintaining a COVID-Secure Campus (including testing and vaccination services where required) and encouraging all members of the University community to continue to support the highest standards of health and wellbeing to help protect yourself and others.
We are therefore asking all staff, students and visitors to the University of East London, which includes SportsDock to follow the University of East London Community Wellness Pledge from 1 September 2021. The pledge offers a set of simple steps we can all take to keep our community healthy. While the pledge is voluntary, we would like to encourage our members to follow the below guidelines, to support the wellness and wellbeing of all:
- I will wear a mask indoors on campus – in enclosed and crowded spaces - unless I have a health or disability exemption;
- I will practice good hygiene, including regular handwashing and use of hand sanitiser;
- I will undertake COVID-19 tests twice-weekly at home, on campus or at a community testing site where possible;
- I will self-isolate for 10 days if I have COVID-19 symptoms, test positive for COVID-19 or am required to by NHS Test & Trace, ensuring I inform the University using the UEL Health Update Notifier (and my line manager if I am a member of staff);
- If I am double-vaccinated and I have been in close contact and/or live in a household with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, I will take a COVID-19 test EVERY day, for ten days;
- I will engage with all University health communications and stay up to date with NHS guidance;
- I will behave with kindness and respect towards others; and,
- I will support and encourage other members of the University community to follow this pledge.
Thank you for your understanding.
If you have any further question, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org