Dr Bahar Khayamian-Esfahani
Department of Engineering & Construction , School of Architecture, Computing and Engineering
Dr Khayamian Esfahani is the Programme Director for BEng Product Design Engineering at the University of East London (UEL). She provides vision, academic leadership, and direction to the programme to ensure it achieves the highest standards in Engineering and Design pedagogy.
- SFHEA, PhD, MSc, BSc (Hons)
- The Chartered Institute of Ergonomics & Human Factors (CIEHF) (Member, 2018 - present)
- The Design Society (Member, 2018 - present)
Areas Of Interest
Dr Esfahani's interests range broadly across UX/UI research integrating user study methods, with a particular focus on digital healthcare design.
Dr Khayamian Esfahani is an Advisory Board member of the UEL teaching fellowship
Dr Khayamian Esfahani's long track record of peer-reviewed publications,
Her passion is to transform change and empower the next generation of engineers,
She previously held academic positions at the University of Liverpool (UK) and the
- Human-centred Design (theory, tools and methodologies; multidisciplinary applications)
- User study methods (co-design & participatory design, contextual inquiry)
- Digital healthcare design (user experience (UX/UI), inclusive design)
- August 2021. Towards improving user engagement in wearable technology for healthcare: a co-design study fostering sun protection behaviour. In: the 23rd International Conference on Engineering Design (ICED 2021). Sweden.
- August 2021: Insights into the role of gender in aesthetic design: A participatory study on the design of digital health wearables. International Journal on Interactive Design and Manufacturing (IJIDeM).
- July 2021: The importance of product language: an exploratory study of smartwatches for remote healthcare In: the 12th International Conference on Applied Human Factors and Ergonomics (AHFE 2021). USA.
- May 2020. Putting User in Context: a Participatory Design Approach Using a Simulated Beach Environment. In: DESIGN 2020 Conference. Croatia.
- 2020. Putting User in Context: a Participatory Design Approach Using a Simulated Beach Environment. Bahar K Esfahani. Cambridge University Press.
- March 2020. Bridging Gender and Human Centered Design: a Design Verification Study. Procedia CIRP.
- November 2019. Towards the exploration of Gender awareness in Human-centred design. The Academy for Design Innovation Management. UK
- July 2019. Design for Health 4.0: Exploration of a New Area. In: International Conference on Engineering Design. Netherlands
- July 2019. Health 4.0: How Digitisation Drives Innovation in the Healthcare Sector. In: The 2019 International Conference on Systematic Innovation. UK
- Heatlh 4.0: How Digitisation Drives Innovation in the Healthcare Sector. Khayamian Esfahani, B., Bause, M., & Schaefer, D. (2019). In The 2019 International Conference on Systematic Innovation (ICIS). Liverpool, UK.
- Towards the exploration of gender awareness in human-centred design. Khayamian Esfahani, B., Morris, R., & Erickson, M. (2019). In Academy for Design Innovation Management Conference 2019. London, UK.
- Design for Health 4.0: Exploration of a New Area. Bause, M., Khayamian Esfahani, B., Forbes, H., & Schaefer, D. (2019, August 4). In 22nd International Conference on Engineering Design (ICED '19). Delft, The Netherlands.
BEng (Hons) Product Design Engineering
This exciting new programme combines design principles, ergonomics, engineering science and manufacturing processes to create multi-functional solutions and products.Read more
- Applied Manufacturing & Innovative Materials
- Adobe Creative Suite & Computer-aided design (CAD)
- Design Practice