Architecture and Design Foundation Pathways
Start your journey to a degree in Architecture and Design
Thinking through making
Foundation year in Architecture and Design is a gateway to the culture of architecture and design. The course aims to provide a broad range of experiences across the field of architecture and design.
"Thinking through making" is at the core of this course, which is a tradition of the architecture school at UEL. We aspire to make the foundation studio a creative laboratory where students will explore, discuss and cultivate individual creativity and critical thinking through studentship.
Each module in the foundation programme provides exciting briefs to enable students to discover their potential, and to develop them further.
How it works
Choose one of our Architecture degrees that include a foundation year.
Complete your foundation yearShow
After you've completed your foundation year you can move to any eligible degree.
Complete your chosen degree courseShow
Complete your chosen BA (Hons) degree, leading to many employment opportunities. You could even continue study on one of our postgraduate degrees.
Why study at Foundation level?
- One of few Foundation Year programmes dedicated to Spatial, Architecture, Interior, 3 dimensional design in London.
- We offer various teaching formats include 1:1 tutorials to nurture student’s individual potentials as well as group sessions to cultivate studentship as well as critical thinking through peer learning.
- Full access to great facilities and equipment all the workshop facilities, foundation dedicated studio space and individual drawing boards.
What happens after
Apply to one of the following courses to take advantage of the many benefits that our Foundation Year provides, and progress directly on to your chosen BSc undergraduate degree course.
Many of our foundation students have gone on to achieve first class degrees and followed a successful career. Join one of our foundation programmes and follow a route to success.
Successful completion of the Level 3 course qualifies you for entry to the following specialist courses at UEL:
Studying architecture at UEL was really enjoyable, helping me to develop the necessary skills to become an architect. The hands-on approach that UEL gave me provided key knowledge in the field of architecture that's unique compared to anywhere else."
Architecture, BSc (Hons), winner of 2014 RIBA/SOM Foundation Travel Fellowship
Our Foundation Year courses are perfect for you, if you...
- have been away from education for a long time, or have an incomplete education history
- have never studied design or art subjects, and are looking to study in the field of architecture, interior and three dimensional design, and want to gain confidence and to be ready for year 1
- have studied a similar subject at basic level, and are looking to develop further and create strong portfolio specific for Spatial, Architecture, Interior, 3 dimensional design to enter to year 1 with full confidence
- are interested in the field of design but not yet focused on specific subject
COURSE SPECIFICATION Foundation Year Architecture and Design
pdf, 215.63 KB
Direct route into our Architecture design courses
If you want to know more about our foundation courses, get in touch via the email below - we're always happy to help!
Follow us on Instagram: @uel_foundation_arch_design