Dr Annalisa Meloni
Department of Law & Criminology , Royal Docks School of Business and Law
Dr Annalisa Meloni is a senior lecturer in law at the University of East London with over 12 years of experience in research and teaching both within and outside academia. Her main area of research expertise is EU visa policy and more broadly EU external border controls and immigration law. Key themes in her research include the intersection of human rights, security and technology in the field of border control and how European integration impacts human rights and security. She holds a PhD (funded by the AHRC) and LLM from University College London and a LLB in English & European Laws from the University of Essex (including a year at Radboud Universiteit Nijmegen). She teaches EU Law, Public Law and Employment Law.
- Contracted Expert, REA (Horizon2020) and European Commission (AMIF)
- Senior Expert and Expert, European Commission's Framework Contract on impact assessment, evaluation and evaluation related services in the area of migration and home affairs 2020-24, 2015-19
- Meloni, A., 'Visa Code Regulation (EC) 810/2009' in Thym ed., EU Immigration and Asylum Law Commentary 3rd ed. Hart Publishing, forthcoming
- Meloni, A., Gaspar, J., and Feruz, A., Human Rights Defenders under EU Visa Policy: Recommendations for Reform,
Project Report, CEELI Institute Prague, 2020 (available at https://hrd.ceeliinstitute.org/).
- Meloni, A., 'EU visa policy: What kind of solidarity?' (2017) 24 Maastricht Journal of European and Comparative Law 646-666
- Meloni, A., 'III. Regulation (EC) No 810/2009 establishing a Community Code on Visas (Visa Code)' in Hailbronner and Thym eds., EU Immigration and Asylum Law. A Commentary 2nd ed. (C.H. Beck, Hart, Nomos, 2016)
- Meloni, A., 'EU Visa and Border Control Policies: What roles for security and reciprocity?' in Bigo, Carrera and Guild eds., Foreigners, Refugees or Minorities? Rethinking people in the context of border controls and visas (Ashgate, 2013)
- Meloni, A. and Hobolth, M., Policy Paper 'Promoting the Free Movement of People between the EU and its Neighbourhood' part of the research project 'The EU and sub-regional multilateralism in Europe's sea basins: Neighbourhood, enlargement and multilateral cooperation' (EU4Seas), EU 7th Framework Research Programme, May 2011.
- Meloni, A., 'The Community Code on Visas: Harmonization at last?' (2009) 34 European Law Review 671-695
- Meloni, A., Visa Policy within the European Union Structure (Springer, 2006)
- Meloni, A., 'The development of a common visa policy under the Treaty of Amsterdam' (2005) 42 Common Market Law Review 1357-1381
- EU Law (module leader)
- Employment Law (module leader)
- Public Law