Mr Andy Preston
Department of Bioscience and Sport , School of Health, Sport and Bioscience
Areas Of Interest
- Mindfulness and coping in sport performance
- Sports and Exercise Psychology
- Coach Communication and Performance
- Qualitative Research Techniques and Action Research
Andy is the Programme Leader for the BSc Sports Coaching degree programme.
Currently undertaking investigating coping strategies within endurance sport.
- Preston, A.P (2009). Coping Research in Marathon Running – How Can Researchers Feel the Pain? Oral presentation at the 3rd International Conference for Qualitative Research in Sport and Exercise, Roehampton University, UK. 10-12 July 2009
- Preston, A.P, Marlow, C.M, McCullough, D. 'Twenty Miles is half-way in a marathon'. An Interpretative Phenomenological Analysis of Marathon Runners' Cognitive Coping Techniques During the London Marathon (in preparation)
BSc (Hons) Sports Coaching and Performance (West Ham United Foundation)
Become the highly qualified coach you've always wanted, design training programmes and analyse performance, with the expertise of West Ham United.Read more
- SE4101 Psychological Aspect of Exercise and Sport
- SE4102 Management and Leadership in Exercise and Sport